By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the Wealthy Wellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. In part four of this new series on cancer, Krisstina speaks with Dr. Scott Sherr, an Integrative Hyperbaric Physician who utilizes Hyperbaric Therapy to combat various conditions as well as help improve wellness and increase performance in athletes.
In this episode, you’ll learn the origins of hyperbaric chambers, the most common conditions hyperbaric therapy is used for, and how adding it to your overall health routine can help you optimize your health.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [03:20] – Scott’s background in medicine
- [05:20] – His first encounter with a hyperbaric chamber
- [07:23] – Where and what he started learning about hyperbaric therapy
- [11:24] – If he ever considered pursuing a career in conventional medicine
- [13:55] – The differences between the conventional and integrative worlds of medicine
- [16:55] – How many acute conditions Scott believes are preventable
- [18:45] – The most self-destructive lifestyle components that do damage to our bodies
- [23:25] – Curing yourself and achieving optimal health requires an integrative approach
- [26:04] – Scott explains hyperbaric therapy and what it’s good for
- [31:38] – The types of patients that see Scott for hyperbaric therapy
- [33:59] – Some conditions patients have who seek hyperbaric therapy but aren’t covered under health insurance
- [37:44] – Hyperbaric Therapy as a “synergyzer” to help cancer patients
- [40:05] – The Ketogenic Diet and Hyperbaric Therapy as a cancer treatment option
- [43:52] – The importance of a healthy immune system in fighting cancer
- [46:43] – What Scott recommends for people looking to focus on optimal wellness
- [48:21] – Scott explains what your metabolomic profile is
- [51:40] – How much hyperbaric therapy costs
- [53:19] – The different hyperbaric chambers and how they differentiate
- [55:37] – How many hyperbaric sessions you can expect if you’ve had surgery
- [56:15] – How many sessions you can expect if you’re looking at hyperbaric therapy for improved wellness/performance
- [58:53] – What Scott recommends if you can’t see him for hyperbaric therapy
- [01:01:57] – A myth that Scott would like to see busted
[Tweet “What hyperbaric therapy does in its basic form is reverse hypoxia…and it decreases inflammation.”]
[Tweet “I don’t think hyperbaric therapy itself is a treatment for cancer.”]
[Tweet “There’s no data to show that hyperbaric therapy has any pro-cancer growth effect.”]
[Tweet “Each treatment as far as cost depends on where you are in the country and what kind of chamber you are using.”]
[Tweet “Hyperbaric therapy is vastly underutilized for the things that it is approved for.”]
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’