By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the Wealthy Wellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. In part three of this new series on cancer, Krisstina speaks with Dr. Rachna Patel, a medical marijuana doctor based out of California to dive deeper into the use of marijuana in the medical field.
In this conversation, you will learn how Dr. Patel has been able to help patients that suffer from a wide variety of conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, back pain, and even anxiety and insomnia through the use of medical marijuana. Dr. Patel also dispels common myths associated with this misunderstood plant and talks about its early origins here in the United States.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [01:53] – Dr. Patel explains how she discovered the practice of medical marijuana
- [03:42] – Krisstina gives the background story on her father’s Stage 4 lung cancer
- [06:25] – Common conditions Dr. Patel treats with medical marijuana and how it helps
- [11:42] – Why there’s such a stigma behind marijuana and other plant medicines
- [14:59] – Why doctors don’t believe in medicinal marijuana
- [17:22] – The use of medical marijuana gaining traction and becoming more mainstream
- [18:54] – The difference between recreational and medicinal marijuana use
- [20:45] – Dr. Patel explains the different ways to use medical marijuana besides smoking it
- [22:31] – The different chemicals marijuana produces
- [23:45] – Dr. Patel breaks down the differences between the CBD and THC chemicals
- [25:09] – If using the entire plant is more effective than using its synthetic derivative
- [26:38] – The different strains of marijuana plants and what they are useful for
- [27:47] – Dr. Patel’s experience with treating cancer with medicinal marijuana
- [29:54] – Using medicinal marijuana as an adjunct therapy
- [30:55] – The contraindications of treating certain patients with medical marijuana
- [32:55] – The legalities behind prescribing medical marijuana to patients
- [34:31] – The myth that Dr. Patel would like to bust
[Tweet “If a patient has mild pain it’s possible to eliminate the pain with the use of medical marijuana.”]
[Tweet “Patients don’t end up waking up groggy with the medical marijuana.”]
[Tweet “Marijuana was available as a medication over the counter up until 1937 in the United States.”]
[Tweet “Whole plant medicine is a lot more effective than the synthetic.”]
[Tweet “I’m a proponent of not destroying the integrity of what the plant naturally creates.”]
Dr. Patel’s Website
Marijuana Tax Act
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’