By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Vanessa Van Edwards is a best-selling author of the book, Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People, and she is the lead investigator at her human behavior research lab, the Science of People. She speaks and writes about cracking the code of human behavior for better relationships, more success, and a better life. She and her work have been featured on NPR, The Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, USA Today, CNN, Fast Company, and Forbes. In addition, she is a monthly columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine and Huffington Post.
In this episode, we cover charisma, networking, how to use people skills to make more money, and more. Vanessa explains what she does in her job as a behavioral investigator, where she learns “what makes people tick.” She discusses how everyone has a different form of charisma and how the emotions of charismatic people influence those around them. By creating a matrix to understand others and their personality traits, you are able to form a deeper connection.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [03:07] – Vanessa introduces herself and tells us about her background
- [05:27] – Introverts, extroverts, and ambiverts and the flaws of “faking it until you make it”
- [07:30] – Charisma comes in different forms and flavors
- [09:24] – The benefits of showing up really early to an event
- [14:00] – Vanessa’s definition of charisma
- [15:03] – Emotions are contagious and the effect of charismatic people
- [19:32] – Certain people are just trigger people in our lives
- [22:19] – The five basic personality traits that everyone has
- [23:47] – Vanessa creates a matrix for each person she meets
- [27:03] – Lie to Me is based on the work of a real life doctor, Dr. Paul Ekman
- [27:31] – Understanding body language
- [28:22] – People code in relation to money
- [30:22] – Not all charisma is created equal and everyone is charismatic in their own way
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast