By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Barbara Weltman shares some of her “big ideas for small business” on this episode of The Wealthy Wellthy Life. Author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting a Home-Based Business, J.K. Lasser’s Small Business Taxes, and The Rational Guide to Building Small Business Credit, Barbara tells Krisstina what small businesses must know about the new tax codes, about tax deductions, and about common – and costly — record-keeping mistakes that small businesses make.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [04:35] – Barbara’s background as a tax and business attorney
- [09:25] – The importance of forming an LLC
- [16:40] – How does the new tax plan affect small businesses?
- [23:42] – What’s the worst mistake a small business can make?
- [26:00] – What is good recordkeeping?
- [28:00] – The importance of staffing
- [32:30] – Setting up a good retirement plan
- [34:40] – The best place to get tax advice
- [37:40] – Finding a good CPA
- [38:25] – Independent contractors and freelancers
- [42:50] – Tax-deduction opportunities for small businesses
- [48:50] – Tax myths debunked
[Tweet “When you abdicate, it can come with consequences.”]
[Tweet “Taxes are our responsibility.”]
[Tweet “You have to look at the totality of running your business.”]
[Tweet “Separate your business life from your personal life.”]
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast