By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
On this episode of the Wealthy Wellthy Podcast, I’m joined by Michael Fishman. Michael has spent the last 20 years as a leading advisor on marketing, positioning and sustained business growth to consumer health information and product businesses. He supported Rodale Inc. in growing the Prevention and Men’s Health publishing brands, taking their book business from ground level to $300M per year, and consulted for brands such as Hint Water, Athletic Greens, Vital Choice, and Jigsaw Health along with admired personalities Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Dr. Daniel Amen and a long list of others. Michael leads the annual Consumer Health Summit, the private invitational gathering for founders, which he created in 1994. In his varied talks, he shares how marketing language, customer care, and work culture combine to take companies and personal brands from merely good to the beloved best at what they do.
In this conversation, Michael and I discuss growing your business by being purposeful. He shares that the personal brands which see the greatest growth and following are the ones that back their mission with purpose and authenticity. We talk about consciousness and the role it plays on scaling and customer satisfaction. And how so many fail to realize that authenticity and realness produce results much greater than the “latest” marketing ideas. Michael shares that the most common roadblock for a founder scaling up is getting in the way of their own growth and not “letting go” of having a say so in every decision. He makes a clear distinction between being your brand and being a part of your brand, what he calls “humanizing your brand.” At a time when so many personal brands are focused on being a seven-figure company, Michael brings it back to ground level stating that focusing on impact and results for clients is the true ticket to a successful brand. If you want to learn more about how to grow and scale with purpose and true impact, you’ll want to check out this episode.
You can also click on the timestamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [2:07] – Who is Michael Fishman?
- [5:35] – How to be a purposeful founder
- [8:49] – The key is collaboration
- [16:39] – Ego and marketing message
- [20:38] – Looking ahead to the horizon for your business
- [24:25] – Identifying your purpose and owning it
- [26:59] – The psychology of marketing and language
- [33:37] – Humanizing your brand vs being your brand
- [40:28] – When purpose outweighs introversion
- [47:11] – Why consciousness matters in business
- [51:06] – Human beings can be kind human beings
- [58:15] – Michael’s personal performance team
- [1:00:57] – The Consumer Health Summit
- [1:05:10] – If you really knew Michael Fishman, you would know
- [1:05:52] – Michael’s brag moment
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’