By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
On today’s episode, I talk with Shawn Wells, MPH, LDN, RD, CISSN, FISSN. Shawn is an expert in the fields of performance nutrition, longevity, fitness and supplementation. He holds a master’s degree in nutritional biochemistry, is a Registered Dietitian, and spent over a decade as a Chief Clinical Dietitian in hospitals and nursing facilities. In the supplement industry, Shawn has held the titles of Director of Research and Development, Chief Scientific Officer, and has been dubbed “The World’s Greatest Formulator”, a Biohacktivitst, and a Keto Authority. Shawn is now the CEO of Zone Halo Research, a consulting group for supplement formulations, sourcing, manufacturing, marketing, and regulatory/compliance work.
Shawn is a renowned leader in the realms of health and peak performance yet in this conversation, we take a deep look at being present and the missing truths about wellness far beneath all of the bio-hacks, diets, and fads. Despite being wildly successful, Shawn shares that every achievement has only led to another chase in search of the next level of success. We discuss the achievement mindset and the idea that getting “there” will create happiness is wrong and only leads to a continuous chase without a finish line. Rather than chasing the next big milestone Shawn says true fulfillment lies within being more present in the world and indulging in self-love. Although he’s a scientist, we go deep into the world of energy and health, the forces that feed the mitochondrial health of ourselves beyond just the physical. Shawn shares his take on “the grind” and how so many focus on work with their head down they miss the opportunity to appreciate life and the real connection happening around them. If you’re interested in how to become more present in your life and even a few bio-hacks, you’ll want to check out this episode.
You can also click on the timestamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [2:45] – Getting to know the real Shawn Wells
- [11:01] – You live longer when you have a purpose
- [15:07] – In order to help others you have to help yourself first
- [21:42] – Social achievement doesn’t equate to happiness
- [25:31] – The “grind” isn’t the way, you’ve got to hustle and flow
- [29:24] – Chase what lights you up, not achievements
- [39:52] – There’s something so powerful about physically connecting
- [44:23] – Delete the things out of your life that don’t light you up
- [50:10] – The abnormal normal
- [1:04:09] – A brief overview of the keto Diet
- [1:09:15] – Some of Shawn’s favorite bio hacks right now
- [1:12:02] – If you really knew Shawn you’d know that…
- [1:12:54] – Shawn’s brag moment
- [1:14:55] – Mythbusting with Shawn Wells
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’