By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Krisstina welcomes entrepreneur, realtor, podcaster, and author, Karen Briscoe. Karen is Principal of the Huckaby Briscoe Conroy Group (HBC), one of the most successful real estate firms in Virginia. Perhaps most impressive of all her accomplishments is the fact that she started her real estate career late in life, after her children went away to college. Her motivation and drive coupled with a positive mindset have proven to be vital to Karen’s success. Karen believes that achieving business success can be accomplished through small steps taken each day. She expresses these views and shares tips and advice through the 5 Minute Success Podcast and her book Success in 5 Minutes a Day.
In this episode, Krisstina and Karen talk about the biggest mistakes variable income earners make that obstruct their ability to succeed financially. They dissect the reasons why some entrepreneurs have an aversion to business development and sales and how this can be detrimental to business growth. They also touch on the mindsets and habits required for big business success including the difference between scarcity thinking and abundancy thinking. Finally, Karen speaks to the importance of seizing the present moment and acting now to follow and accomplish your goals. If you are a real estate agent, broker, investor, freelancer, small business owner, or aspiring entrepreneur, this episode is a must-listen.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/48jqvOY4fUk
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [01:26] – Krisstina welcomes Karen to the podcast
- [02:39] – Karen’s real estate background
- [05:59] – Why right now is always the best time to act
- [08:42] – Karen describes her epiphany
- [12:28] –How Karen came up with the concept for her book, Success in 5 Minutes a Day
- [17:34] – How Karen views those who have an aversion to business development
- [18:58] – Habit formation and the 66-Day Challenge
- [21:14] – Making the shift from time blocking to activity blocking
- [26:11] – Karen’s advice for those who have an aversion to sales due to fear
- [31:09] – Krisstina and Karen talk about finding the right mindset
- [32:38] – Defining scarcity thinking and abundancy thinking
- [35:05] – Why consistency is imperative for personal and professional development
- [39:03] – The emphasis Karen places on investing time, energy, and money into personal development
- [44:29] – Karen details how much time and money she puts into personal development
- [47:29] – Why the benefits of personal and professional development outweigh the investment costs
- [52:09] – WINN: When, If Not Now?
- [55:23] – Karen debunks the myth that other people don’t feel the same fear or rejection that many entrepreneurs feel
[Tweet “I tell people that you can start at any time.”]
[Tweet “It’s like the proverb, ‘When was the best time to plant a tree? Twenty years ago. When’s the next best time? Now.’”]
[Tweet “The only one stopping me is me.”]
[Tweet “I am my best asset, truly. You want to talk about the ability to create income? I am it!”]
[Tweet “Really, truly even dentists do business development. I mean everybody does business development.”]
[Tweet “If you go to self-actualization and focus on it, then all the other needs get taken care of.”]
[Tweet “There’s this acronym, WINN. When, If Not Now?”]
Get a free copy of Krisstina’s new book “Falling For Money” here
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast
Music custom created and licensed by JAMSPOT Sync Music Productions.