By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Krisstina welcomes author, blogger, podcaster, journalist, researcher, and entrepreneur, Katie Wells. Known to her fans as Wellness Mama, Katie is the founder of a health and wellness company of the same name. She’s made it her mission to help other families live more natural lives through practical tips, real food recipes, natural remedies, and much more. Katie was named one of the 100 most influential people in health and wellness and is considered a pioneer with her progressive, health-focused practices.
In this episode, we talk all about health and wellness, including the unknown dangers that exist in the foods and products we use daily. We discuss the impact that stress can have on our hormones and our overall longevity. Katie gives her opinions on nail polish, deodorant, toothpaste, sunscreen, and cleaning supplies and provides do-it-yourself tips and recipes to create healthy alternatives to these everyday items. Finally, Katie touches on her philosophy about money and describes how she runs her family like a business, assigning responsibilities and roles to each family member. If you want to learn a little bit about health and wellness and learn a little bit about business and balance, then this is the episode for you!
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/uVlFKU3Jauc
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [01:01] – Krisstina welcomes Katie to the podcast
- [03:43] – How Krisstina found Katie’s work
- [05:13] – What inspired Katie to enter the health and wellness field
- [09:40] – Why chronic diseases are becoming more prevalent, especially in children
- [11:18] – Katie’s theory on what is causing this rise in chronic diseases
- [14:52] – The impact food can have on health and wellness
- [15:52] – The impact personal care products can have on health and wellness
- [19:20] – Living a more natural lifestyle
- [22:02] – Natural alternatives to household products that include chemicals
- [23:02] – Katie’s views on nail polish
- [24:02] – Katie’s views on deodorant
- [26:17] – Katie’s views on toothpaste
- [28:34] – Katie’s views on sunscreen
- [31:23] – Katie’s views on other household items, such as detergents and cleaning supplies
- [32:59] – The health hazards plastic can cause
- [35:48] – Skin care products and the body’s natural aging process
- [38:19] – Katie’s thoughts on makeup, beauty, and aging
- [40:18] – Stress and how it impacts our hormones
- [44:30] – Katie breaks down how she runs her household like a business
- [49:25] – Simplifying life to achieve more
- [51:22] – The learning curve of balancing business and marriage
- [54:02] – The biggest challenges Katie faces in achieving work/life balance
- [55:35] – Katie’s philosophy on money
- [58:01] – Defining success
- [1:00:32] – Katie’s next ventures
- [1:00:00] – Katie debunks the myth that life must be hard and busy
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast
Music custom created and licensed by JAMSPOT Sync Music Productions.