By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the Wealthy Wellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. In today’s episode, Krisstina talks with Dr. Mark Goulston, a prominentClinical Psychiatrist for 30 years, advisor, speaker, former FBI and police hostage negotiator, and author of several books; including Just Listen; which is ranked #1 in six Amazon/Kindle Categories. Tune in to learn how to listen to people, what it means to be a PAL, stress vs. distress, PTSD, high achiever personality and much more.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [07:45] – How do you listen to people from the inside out?
- [10:55] – What is the Magical Paradox?
- [13:50] – The difference between stress and distress.
- [14:20] – What does Mediated Catharsis mean?
- [14:45] – How to get your teenager to do homework without a fight.
- [18:30] – Sometimes we don’t have the right verbiage to express how we are feeling.
- [19:51] – What does it mean to be in despair?
- [20:47] – How do you get to the Dark Night of the Soul?
- [26:45] – What goes on in a veteran’s mind?
- [28:50] – Krisstina delves deeper into her Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- [33:15] – Does PTSD exist?
- [35:00] – What does R.T.A. stand for?
- [40:43] – People focus on the trauma by relieving the symptoms, but your trauma is at your core.
- [43:39] – What is the meaning behind Syndrome of Disavowed Yearning.
- [48:41] – Dr. Goulston shares his breakdown during medical school.
- [53:44] – The purest form of communication is to listen without memory or desire. ~Wilfred Bion.
- [01:04:56] – Myth Busted! We’ve lost our minds trying to pursue the brain.
- [01:07:00] – Dr. Goulston shares his mission.
Would You Like the Transcription?
Click here to download.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’