By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the Wealthy Wellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. Lyn Graft is a producer, director, entrepreneur, and most importantly a storyteller. Lyn has interviewed over 500 entrepreneurs in the last 13 years and has found a natural talent that tells the entrepreneur’s story in an engaging and fascinating way. Lyn discusses some of the biggest mistakes brands often make when trying to tell their story and why storytelling is so important to enhance your brand and help you stick out from the crowd.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [03:35] – Lyn shares his favorite entrepreneur story.
- [06:30] – Storytelling is a missing component to a majority of marketing campaigns.
- [07:05] – Why is storytelling important for our brand?
- [07:55] – When you share a piece of information, it impacts 2 parts of the brain.
- [08:05] – When you tell someone a story, it impacts 7-8 parts of the brain.
- [09:00] – Stories are heavily ingrained in our world culture. We’re hardwired for stories.
- [12:15] – Lyn shares Krisstina’s story.
- [19:15] – You never hear about the conflict of the story.
- [20:20] – Successful people have grown through incredibly tough and public failures.
- [24:40] – What is your defining moment? What’s your brand’s defining moment?
- [31:15] – Most people don’t care about your story. If you’re going to share a story, it has to relate to others.
- [35:40] – What are some of the biggest mistakes to telling a story?
- [40:35] – What are people missing in a resume? How do you incorporate a story into it?
- [45:10] – How important is video or multimedia for telling the story?
- [47:15] – Let’s learn about Lyn’s story and where he plans to go next.
- [51:25] – The ability to share a story of struggle makes Lyn more relatable to other entrepreneurs.
- [52:35] – What are some common myths that Lyn hears regularly in his industry?
- [53:25] – Your success will not make you happier as a person.
- [55:00] – Lyn explains how his dog has taught him what unconditional love means.
- [56:15] – Enjoy life by enjoying the ride.
[Tweet “Storytelling is a missing component to marketing.”]
[Tweet “Storytelling has the ability to cut through the noise.”]
[Tweet “You never hear about the conflict of the story. We only see things after it’s perfect”]
Would You Like the Transcription?
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’