By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the Wealthy Wellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. This episode is a continuation of last week’s show, with sleep expert Kirk Parsley. If you’ve missed the first part, please be sure to first listen to that episode before tuning in here! Today Kirk covers how drugs, like Ambien, affect your sleep as well as why lack of sleep contributes to much more stress the next day. And for those of you who are wondering if you should deprive yourself of sleep, just so you can go to the gym on time―No! Sleep recovery is more important than fitness!
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [01:50] – Drugs like Ambien reduce REM sleep by 80%.
- [02:30] – Even though you feel like you’re sleeping, you’re actually not.
- [03:15] – It’s hard to fully trust the data, because they’re being funded by the pharmaceutical company itself.
- [04:40] – What is the definition of sleep? What should your brain waves be doing?
- [08:20] – How does alcohol affect the quality of sleep?
- [10:15] – Men usually have no problem going to sleep, but they tend to wake up in the middle of the night from stress.
- [10:30] – Women on the other hand, tend to have a very hard time going to sleep.
- [14:15] – Krisstina felt crazy when she couldn’t sleep properly for weeks on end.
- [15:00] – You have to value your sleep.
- [16:50] – What do your adrenals do?
- [17:45] – The more stressed out we are, the harder your adrenals work.
- [20:20] – When you get less sleep, the body has to compensate by giving you more stress in order for you to keep alert.
- [21:50] – How can people practice good sleep hygiene? What should they be doing?
- [25:15] – Write a to-do list as well as a worry list, well before bedtime so you’re not staying up late worrying about problems.
- [27:05] – If you wake up in the middle of the night, do not look at your clock.
- [30:30] – Should you deprive yourself of sleep in order to exercise?
- [32:00] – Nearly 200 years ago, nobody knew what jogging was. Nobody lifted weights.
- [37:00] – What does it really mean to be fit? You think 2,000 years ago cavemen were lifting up rocks and putting them back down 50 times?
- [38:55] – What’s a common sleep myth Kirk hears about all the time?
- [42:50] – Kirk talks about his Sleep Remedy product.
[Tweet “Convince yourself that sleep is a priority.”]
[Tweet “Sleep is not a luxury, sleep is a necessity.”]
[Tweet “When you sleep deprive yourself just a little bit, your stress hormones are higher the next day.”]
Would You Like the Transcription?
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’