By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the WealthyWellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. In today’s episode, Erik Qualman discusses how to build a better reputation online and protect your digital identity. Erik is a #1 Bestselling and Pulitzer Prize nominated author. He was also voted the World’s 2nd Most Likeable Author following Harry Potter’s J.K. Rowling. Some of his books include Socialnomics, What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube, and Digital Leader.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [01:15] – How do we really manage our online and offline reputation?
- [02:55] – Erik has been named the ‘Tony Robbins of Tech’. How did he get this title?
- [04:30] – Krisstina talks about Erik’s TEDx talk that she watched.
- [05:10] – Erik explains the difference between the digital footprint and the digital shadow.
- [07:30] – What things should we be thinking about when it comes to protecting our digital identity?
- [09:25] – Erik talks about LinkedIn.
- [11:30] – Our biggest asset is our reputation.
- [11:30] – Sign up for Google alerts on your name so you’ll be notified whenever your name is mentioned.
- [15:00] – LinkedIn is not just for jobs. You can get business opportunities on there as well.
- [19:00] – Krisstina talks about how one company she worked with recently gracefully handled their mistake.
- [21:55] – Why do we need to use LinkedIn? Erik explains further.
- [26:25] – Everybody wins when we give back/help others, before we ask for help in return.
- [29:25] – Figure out where your audience is hanging out. Take a guess and then ask.
- [29:40] – Pick one tool, use it to the fullest, and then slowly expand your toolbox once you feel comfortable.
- [32:40] – Don’t be afraid not to be on certain social media channels.
- [33:50] – What should we be doing to get testimonials?
- [39:20] – How do you show the human side in this digital world?
- [40:35] – The online and offline world is always a balance. With that being said, the balance should always be in favor of the offline.
Would You Like the Transcription?
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’