By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the Wealthy Wellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. In part two of this new series on cancer, Krisstina speaks with Ellen Davis, author of, Fight Cancer with a Ketogenic Diet.
Ellen has a Masters Degree in Clinical Nutrition and in this conversation Krisstina taps into that knowledge to explore the benefits of a Ketogenic Diet, how nutrition plays a vital role in our health, the importance of taking ownership of your health and so much more.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [04:47] – The catalyst that made Ellen start researching foods relationship to health
- [06:40] – Ellen explains what’s behind the quote in the opening of her book that says, “Like a phoenix they will rise from the ashes of despair and soar.”
- [08:08] – Ellen breaks down what a Ketogenic Diet is
- [09:24] – The body’s two fuel sources and how they work
- [12:37] – Krisstina shares an observation of hers while at MD Anderson with her father
- [13:51] – Doctor’s don’t have all the answers and they are not well versed in nutrition
- [14:28] – The advantage a Ketogenic Diet has for cancer patients over a high carb diet
- [17:42] – Ellen talks about the genetic and metabolic belief about cancer
- [22:48] – Dr. D’Agostino’s hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments
- [24:34] – The benefits cancer patients can expect on a Ketogenic Diet
- [25:22] – Ellen’s opinion of what leads to cancer
- [26:29] – The somatic gene theory of cancer and Dr. Seyfried’s experiment
- [27:23] – Ellen explains the typical Western Diet and why it’s not good for us
- [29:43] – Krisstina talks about what she realized while at an awards conference in Arizona
- [31:06] – Ellen explores how we have been taught to eat just one way
- [32:54] – Ellen talks about the fallout from the research of Ansel Keys that a high fat diet causes diseases
- [36:45] – How a significant amount of doctors don’t believe there is a link between cancer and your diet
- [39:18] – How the medical system in the U.S. does not allow doctors to offer their patients alternative therapies and treatments
- [43:58] – Being your own health advocate and taking ownership of your health
- [47:03] – Ellen shares her thoughts on mainstream cancer treatment
- [49:04] – Krisstina shares the story of learning of her father’s cancer diagnosis
- [54:46] – How your belief system and the power of words can have positive or negative effects on you
- [56:06] – How the Ketogenic Diet can give back control to the patient
- [58:13] – How keeping patients sick is more lucrative than curing them
- [01:01:02] – Living a cancer/disease proof lifestyle
- [01:05:07] – Ellen shares a few success stories from cancer patients she helped through her work
- [01:08:28] – The big myth Ellen would like to bust
[Tweet “I was only in my 40’s and I felt like I was 90 and I started realizing it had a lot to do with what I was eating.”]
[Tweet “The advice that you’re given from the USDA and the federal government is not necessarily good advice for nutrition.”]
[Tweet “If you want to starve a cancer cell you just stop eating foods that make sugar in the body.”]
[Tweet “Carbohydrates are the smoking gun in Type 2 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes and cancer are intimately linked.”]
[Tweet “Our health system is cracking under the weight of the diseases that are being generated by the food that we eat.”]
Healthy Eating Politics
Fight Cancer with a Ketogenic Diet by Ellen Davis
Cancer Genome Atlas
Tripping Over the Truth by Travis Christofferson
Dominic D’Agostino, Ph.D.
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’