My guest this week is Ron Macklin. Ron is a friend I have known for about 15 years and counting! Ron realized early in his engineering career that he had a passion for building and leading teams. And he realized that to succeed, he needed to build a deep network of support. He needed to learn why people connect and how they create results together. This realization led him on a 30-year journey that culminated in the creation of the 7-step Macklin Method and the launch of MacklinConnection.
What You Will Learn:
- You will only learn when you go out and do it! Make mistakes and learn from that. It is okay to not understand something at first.
- A skill Ron had to build was to discover his space and create his own world… and then to celebrate that!
- Vulnerability is powerful. Drop your shield, be vulnerable, and connect!
- Finding your “Mood” is crucial in making the best of each moment.
- The more successful people are, ironically, the more open they are to talk about their fears.
- When we talk about our fears, we take the power away from them!!
- Know what your vision is… what is it? Once you tackle this, then you know who you want around you. You attract those people! Also remember that people are human and they will mess up from time to time. Remain flexible. Remain open. And learn.
- Believe in everyone.