By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
On this episode of the Wealthy Wellthy podcast, I talk with Dr. Shawn Tassone. Dr. Tassone is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, and by the American Board of Integrative Medicine. He holds a medical degree, in addition to a PhD in mind-body medicine. He is highly regarded as a patient advocate. His work includes studies and publications on spirituality and medical care, whole foods to heal the human body, and integrative medicine to heal where Western medicine falls short, not to mention he’s a leader in the field of hormones for optimal health and longevity.
During our conversation, Shawn shares a personal story of losing his mother to ovarian cancer and despite his vast knowledge of women’s health, he was left feeling helpless not being able to help her. This led him to begin researching integrative medicine and spirituality, which ultimately resulted in him acquiring his PhD in mind-body medicine. Dr. Tassone walks a balance between allopathic and alternative medicine understanding there is a place for traditional medicine as well as holistic healing depending on the patient’s condition and preferences.
Shawn is an expert when it comes to women’s hormones, he shares tips and warning signs we all should be aware of and what to do when you just don’t feel right. He is a big proponent for normal hormone levels being specific to each individual, even if your levels are in the “normal” range they may not be normal to your body. We discuss how hormones play a crucial role in how we feel, think, and behave. He discloses that for some even if they’re off just a bit, they can negatively impact sleep, weight, mood, and success. Just a few lifestyle tweaks can make a radical difference to not only how we can feel better in our own bodies, but also our relationships and performance. In other words, if you want to feel more love, make more money or just feel better and have more energy with good vibes you’ll wish to listen in.
Dr. Tassone’s S.H.I.N.E.S method:
You can also click on the timestamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [2:24] – Who Dr. Tassone is and a glimpse into his back story
- [6:02] – How do you differentiate spiritual medicine from western medicine?
- [9:02] – What do you say to the critiquing from both sides of traditional and holistic medicine communities?
- [13:27] – Distinguishing who can call themselves a Doctor
- [17:03] – Why hormones are becoming more prevalent – the good and bad
- [22:50] – Being told you’re fine even though something doesn’t feel right
- [25:24] – The #1 hormone deficiency Dr. Tassone sees
- [28:33] – The saboteur, or workaholic hormone deficiency
- [31:43] – The two ways to check hormones accurately
- [35:30] – Just because the levels are in the normal range doesn’t mean its normal for you
- [38:26] – A typical situation Dr. Tassone will see in women coming to him for help
- [39:59] – The dramatic difference that is felt after getting hormones in check
- [42:11] – Tips for younger women to protect their hormones when it comes to birth control
- [45:06] – Normal isn’t normal if you feel off
- [48:54] – The three different types of Estrogen and how they breakdown in the body
- [51:53] – If you really knew Dr. Shawn Tassone you would know that…
- [52:51] – What’s something you’re most proud of?
- [54:21] – Shawn’s myth-busting
[Tweet “Just because the levels are in a normal range, doesn’t mean its normal for you.“]
[Tweet “Traditional medicine – active healer passive patient, in the alternative world active patient passive healer.“]
Dr. Tassone’s Homone Type Quiz
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’