By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
On this episode of The Wealthy Wellthy Podcast, I interview Denise Wiesner. Denise is certified by ABORM, the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine, she is the founder of Natural Healing & Acupuncture in West Los Angeles, California, a certified sex coach, Licensed Acupuncturist, and herbalist. Denise has been in practice since 1994 with an emphasis on women’s issues and pain control. She treats women’s conditions in various stages of life – from menstrual disorders, infertility, pregnancy to menopause. She is also the author of Conceiving With Love: A whole body approach to creating intimacy, reigniting passion, and increasing fertility
In this conversation, Denise and I explore topics ranging from sex and intimacy to the chemistry and physiology of arousal. We talk about communication and the role it plays in achieving a more pleasurable sex life, interestingly Denise shares that shame or fear is the most common reason people avoid speaking with their partner about sex. Despite this age of sexual liberation Denise regularly has clients who suffer from shame after comparing themselves to porn or media.
Denise expresses how important passion is and sometimes it’s just the little things we forget to do, kissing your partner or forgetting to have long embraces. Something as simple as looking at them and making eye contact can aid in bringing down the barrier in communication and intimacy. We talk about women struggling with conception and the many factors that contribute to the issue including stress, diet, and environment. In our “busy lives” we sometimes forget to just slow down, Denise tells me that taking some time to meditate or just “be” can really help lower stress, improve vital energy and help create a better environment for conception. For women approaching menopause, Denise has a list of items that when introduced into a diet can help negate some of the effects menopause has on sex. We even talk about some secrets behind the big O. If you want to get more intimate and connected with your partner be sure to listen to this episode.
You can also click on the timestamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [2:29] – Denise introduces herself
- [4:34] – What’s up down there?
- [6:23] – The conversation many women of all ages are avoiding
- [11:10] – Effects of porn on today’s sensuality
- [14:41] – Common disconnects many couples have
- [16:08] – Desire vs. being desired
- [17:56] – People are afraid to communicate about sexuality
- [21:01] – Are we averse to pleasure?
- [24:21] – Vital energy and passion
- [32:23] – Staying desirable with age and menopause
- [37:42] – Slow down and take a moment to just be
- [39:41] – Positive benefits of acupuncture on sensuality
- [41:52] – The five elements of Chinese medicine
- [44:47] – The whole body is a part of our sensuality and sexuality
- [47:36] – Denise’s myth-busting
[Tweet “I think we forget to ask for what we want.“]
[Tweet “We have to get back to the innocence of communication.“]
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’