By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
On this episode of The Wealthy Wellthy Podcast, I got to chat with Ali Watts about fitness, health, nutrition, sleep, managing stress, and so much more. Ali has a real passion for life and for helping others get what they want out of life, which is often not what they initially think they want. She has a knack for helping people see the root of their desire to get fit, lose weight, or be healthy.
Ali and I share a lot of the same views on health and fitness, but at the same time she taught me so much during our conversation about the importance of sleep and especially emphasizing how you are eating as much as what you are eating. We also share a mentality that tries to force us to just keep pushing and never slow down, and Ali talks about several times in her life where her body instead forced her to slow down, even on the brink of death.
Many people view fitness as a stress reliever, but it is – in fact – a stressor. Ali describes how if you are coming home from a stressful day at work, the least healthy thing for you to do might be to go to the gym. You should instead listen to your body, connect with a loved one, eat a nutritious dinner, and get a good night’s sleep. For those who find a good night’s sleep elusive, Ali provides some stellar and free tips to try to ensure that you fall asleep quickly and stay asleep throughout the night. This episode was jam-packed with helpful tidbits that we can all implement into our lives, so I hope you’ll give it a listen!
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [2:35] – Where Ali and I met
- [3:27] – Ali’s backstory – From Australia to Japan to Hong Kong to Manhattan
- [7:01] – How Ali almost lost her soul
- [8:42] – Ali describes her near-death experiences
- [17:23] – The importance of sleep
- [20:40] – Ali talks about what she does now
- [26:43] – What it takes to integrate deeper questions into ultimate goals
- [29:21] – Distinguishing between fitness and health
- [34:42] – How to get to the point of turning knowledge into wisdom
- [39:52] – Advice to people with sleep issues
- [44:17] – Ali’s perspective on nutrition
- [51:17] – What it looks like to slow down to go fast
- [56:08] – Ali discusses holistic health, including the financial piece
- [59:18] – What Ali’s daily life looks like
- [1:02:12] – Ali busts the biggest myth in the fitness industry
[Tweet “Life’s just too short not to love every single thing that I do.”]
[Tweet “You don’t have to be hurt to be loved.”]
[Tweet “Just because you’re fit doesn’t mean you’re healthy.”]
[Tweet “Look at the ingredients [of your food]…does it look like a recipe?”]
Get a free copy of my book “Falling For Money” here
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’