By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the WealthyWellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. In this episode Krisstina talks with Charlie Hoehn, the author of Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety and Recession Proof Graduate: How to Land the Job You Want by Doing Free Work. He is a former protégé to Tim Ferris and Tucker Max. Charlie shares his story on going through a mental breakdown and how he was able to use play to snap out of his funk. Unfortunately, top performers don’t know how to play, it’s imperative for our bodies. Play is the most important activity than anything else for our mental health.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [02:30] – That place of crisis where we just break down because we work too hard and have no play.
- [04:05] – Charlie shares his story.
- [05:00] – Tim Ferris was Charlie’s mentor.
- [06:15] – Don’t be another cog in the machine!
- [10:30] – Charlie pushed himself too hard to the point of his breakdown.
- [13:00] – The 3 things that pushed him right over the edge.
- [17:00] – Krisstina shares her PTSD story.
- [19:42] – CUT OUT THE NEWS! It puts you in a state of fight or flight regularity.
- [21:26] – Charlie shares his breakthrough at his friend’s house, Tucker Max.
- [22:45] – Play is essential to our survival.
- [23:54] – If you deprive kids or humans of play, they will develop behavioral issues.
- [27:30] – Play rejuvenates you and refreshes you.
- [28:30] – Krisstina was out of balance; she was all work and no play.
- [30:35] – How you can bring play to the workplace.
- [30:50] – Krisstina changed her whole framework based on Charlie’s techniques.
- [33:55] – Epicurus created the first school to study happiness.
- [36:50] – What is the source of drug addiction?
- [39:30] – We shouldn’t put drug addicts in a cage.
- [41:30] – What is the myth about success?
- [43:05] – You can change the world by snapping people out of that mentality.
- [47:00] – Make your play history and commit to it.
Would You Like the Transcription?
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’