By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
For over 40 years, Anthony Morrocco has carefully studied and practiced holistic hair care. His quest to find a naturally based treatment for hair and scalp problems began with his apprenticeship at world famous Kenneth’s, a posh New York salon, where his clients included Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Mrs. Vincent Astor, Mia Farrow, Lauren Bacall, Joan Rivers, Faye Dunaway, Liza Minelli, and numerous other celebrities. In this interview we get the background story and understand where his passion for hair health comes from.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [02:20] – Anthony’s background and how/why he got into healthy hair care products
- [08:12] – The five types of hair on the body and the important role it plays in our lives
- [13:58] – How hair isn’t just about vanity and why we must take good care of it
- [18:52] – How the chemicals in hair products have gotten worse since the 1960’s
- [20:15] – The story of why he created his styling products
- [23:53] – Why his shampoos don’t lather
- [27:14] – What brushing your hair with a boar bristle brush does to your hair
- [28:53] – Men and hair loss – what’s causing it and what can be done about it?
- [34:12] – The article his company released explaining why they don’t sell at Whole Foods
- [37:59] – If you can color your hair without chemicals
- [38:57] – His henna hair color line
- [48:45] – The one myth he would like to see busted
[Tweet “If you use one product over and over again, the body builds immunity against this.”]
[Tweet “In the cosmic structure of the universe, hair happens to be an antenna; it is more alive than our skin.”]
[Tweet “Be responsible for yourself, don’t take anyone’s word for it.”]
[Tweet “We’ve gone 20, 30, 40 times stronger in chemicals, it’s the reason why children are getting all these diseases.”]
[Tweet “In the last five years, women are now 30% losing their hair.”] This is unheard of.”]
[Tweet “All of our hair care products are designed number one to detox.”]
[Tweet “If it foams, I don’t care what they say, it is chemical.”]
[Tweet “There is nothing more deadly in the whole of hair care than color.”]
SHOP for Morrocco Method products here!
The Hair Shaman website
Why Doesn’t Morrocco Method Sell to Whole Foods?
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
Podcast production and marketing provided by FullCast