By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Today on Wealthy Wellthy Wise is Mark Willis. Mark is a Certified Financial Planner™, a #1 Best Selling Author and the owner of Lake Growth Financial Services, a financial firm in Chicago, Illinois. He specializes in building custom-tailored financial strategies that are unknown to most financial planners. Mark works with people who want to grow their wealth in ways that are safe and predictable, become their own source of financing, and create tax-free income in retirement.
In this episode Mark and I discuss many different financial vehicles that one can invest their money into. He gives different ideas for many places one can start thinking about investing, and shows us there are so many options for where we place our money that most aren’t aware of. Mark tells entrepreneurs they should fire their banker, which really matches the same principal I teach when I tell clients to become your own banker. This episode is a wealth of information I really love this conversation Mark and I really are aligned in the way we think about money, financing, and investing.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [2:09] Mark tells us a little about himself and his business
- [4:12] We talk about what Mark means when he says “fire your banker”
- [9:33] I ask Mark about the difficulty behind earning his CFP certification and how he differentiates himself from others in the industry
- [14:32] We discuss how large of an issue consumer debt really has caused
- [17:19] Mark talks about how he and his wife got rid of student loan debt in an interesting way
- [22:57] Mark shares a few real high level examples of alternative or traditional investing and diversifying your portfolio
- [28:30] Mark gives us great ideas for the business owner approaching retirement age
- [32:12] We discuss an option for utilizing an old 401k
- [36:29] Mark breaks down some interesting numbers
- [41:08] We talk about mindset and what Mark means by “upstream”
- [45:49] Mark offers a perspective saving for college for children
- [49:43] We bust Mark’s finance myth
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Wealthy Wellthy Wise
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’