By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the WealthyWellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. In this episode Krisstina chats with Dr. Joan Rosenberg about various mental health issues (not mental illness), the differences between biological and soulful depression, and why we should embrace change. Joan is a celebrity psychologist and author of Mean Girls, Meaner Women: Understanding Why Women Backstab, Betray, and Trash-Talk Each Other and How to Heal. She’s a professional speaker and trainer for mental health practitioners and entrepreneurs. Joan’s overall goal is to help people build their emotional strength and resilience so that they can live an authentic and vibrant life.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- 02:36 – Krisstina shares the story about her PTSD diagnosis.
- 02:53 – Joan shares the unconventional way of thinking about emotions that might be a little counter-intuiti
- 04:00 – The more you suppress, the more you lead yourself down a path of soulful depression.
- 05:00 – Why can’t we express emotions?
- 05:45 – Having feelings about having feelings is a way to distract and disconnect.
- 06:00 – Joan believes some of the depression doctors treat with medication is not biological depression, it
- 07:20 – How does your body sensation tell you what you are feeling?
- 12:15 – Think of your body as a metaphor. Do your feet hurt? Why aren’t you feeling supported?
- 13:49 – It’s more socially acceptable to show up with physical pain than it is to show up with emotional pai
- 14:11 – What is the difference between depression and sadness?
- 15:35 – Why is there a stigma in regards to asking someone for help with emotional issues?
- 16:10 – When we can choose to be vulnerable we are at our greatest emotional strength.
- 18:11 – Telling stories of our emotional issues will open the door for others to have the permission needed
- 19:20 – Medication is not the key to happiness.
- 21:00 – How can we break the cycle?
- 22:13 – Our feelings are temporary; they aren’t permanent states.
- 24:18 – You need to journal, actually writing with a pen on paper is one of the best ways to release the bad
- 25:40 – Joan shares different types of therapies.
- 26:00 – Emotional therapy is good; it’s part of wellness and being healthy.
- 27:20 – Joan shares the one myth she would like to bust.
Would You Like the Transcription?
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’