By subscribing, you’re guaranteed to get the latest episodes as soon as they are live.
Welcome to the Wealthy Wellthy Life with Krisstina Wise. Dr. Ann Shippy is a former IBM engineer turned doctor, and is here to discuss why food is so important to our health. After graduating from med-school, she opened her own practice and now works as a functional medicine doctor. Today’s topic focuses specifically on our diet and what we should be eating, why certain foods are bad for us, and much more. Listen in to hear Ann’s advice and why she recommends the Paleo diet.
You can also click on the time stamps below to jump to those specific points in the conversation.
What We Covered
- [03:30] – How did Ann get started?
- [04:15] – Ann went to medical school in her 30s.
- [05:20] – What’s the differences between functional and traditional medicines?
- [07:15] – Krisstina’s friend, who was diagnosed with cancer, was told by her oncologist that diet had nothing to do with the recovery process.
- [07:50] – When our bodies have inflammation, we’re more likely to develop disease.
- [08:30] – The good news is, there’s things you can do to help reduce inflammation in your body.
- [09:10] – he right kind of food can be your medicine.
- [11:05] – You need to find people you trust in this space to give you the right information.
- [11:35] – What should we do about meat? Should we/can we eat it?
- [12:15] – Ann believes meat is healthy, but you have to choose it carefully. Look for grass-fed meat.
- [15:00] – Organic vs. non-organic: What should we get?
- [16:45] – Why is it important to eat organic? What do pesticides really do to the body?
- [19:00] – Krisstina’s mother is having a hard time finding seeds that haven’t been covered in pesticides.
- [20:35] – Ann talks about the Paleo diet. She recommends no dairy rice, and/or grains.
- [22:30] – How do you replace grains in your diet?
- [27:00] – Your taste buds will change after a couple of weeks and you’ll begin to notice how tasty everything is. A healthy meal is often much more satisfying to consume.
- [30:15] – How can we substitute dairy?
- [32:55] – You still need fat in your diet, but a lot of people are still afraid of it.
- [35:40] – How can we remove sugar out of our diet?
- [40:00] – Healthy fat vs. bad fat.
- [43:35] – Watch out for fish. It’s unfortunately too contaminated.
- [45:25] – Ann talks about tests you can order to measure where you stand.
- [51:15] – What is glutathione?
- [54:45] – What myth does Ann hear about the most often?
[Tweet “We can do so much prevention with what we put in our bodies as far as food.”]
[Tweet “When our bodies have inflammation, we’re more likely to develop disease.”]
[Tweet “Food is medicine.”]
Would You Like the Transcription?
Share the Show
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link – WealthyWellthy Life
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’